Friday 1 April 2011

Breaking the rules

I finished my quilt last night! On the weekend I went to a quilt show and became inspired to add more quilting to my quilts. I have just been quilting around the design up until now.
I'm a rule follower and thought that there were specific rules to quilting, and didn't want to break them. One of my biggest challenges with my creativity is being able to see outside the box. Realizing that there aren't rules when it comes to being creative.
 I decided to quilt different color flowers all around the quilt.



 And used yellow thread for the reverse of the blanket, though the yellow didn't really show up.


It's finished and I am so happy with it:)

What challenges do you experience in your creativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...