Tuesday 12 April 2011

New Years Resolutions

I don't usually make New Years Resolutions, but if I do, I make them on my birthday, because that's my new year:) I decided to make a few resolutions this year, and today being my birthday, I thought I would share them.
It started with just one and has grown a bit from there. It varies from superficial, to responsible, to wholistic. Here it is:

1. Find my style. I managed to find my style easily after Jai, and took a bit of time after Jasper, but it feels like I have just given up after having Jude. I want to feel good about myself again, and my clothing helps. It's superficial, but that's okay.

2. Become more organized. I'm not organized, so, yeah, I need to get some of that.

3. Exercise. Unless I have a class to go to, or a program to follow, I tend to do nothing. I like exercising. I have more energy to keep up with my guys when I'm fit.

4. Eat healthy. I'm a pretty healthy eater, but there are always improvements that can be made. Lately I have fallen into a bad routine of not eating much. It's just become boring for me, or too much work. I spend most of my day in the kitchen preparing food for my kids, so when it comes time for me to eat I just can't be bothered. For anyone who knows me, they will know how unusual this is for me. I'm a foodie. If there is food around, that's where I am. Time to get into a good routine again.

5. Be happy, or find happiness. This is not easy, not to say that I'm not happy. I am, but it's difficult to stay happy all the time. I want to work on increasing the amount of time that I am happy:)

6. Find more patience.

7. Be present. I spend so much time in my head thinking of all the things that I have to do or would like to do, that I'm not enjoying the moment.

That's what I have so far. It's a pretty full list, but I think they all tie in together.

And now I will share what my lovelies made for me for my birthday. I cried before I even opened them.

Jai drew this picture of me and him:)

This is the card from Jasper. It's all of us and our dog Biscuit:)

Jasper drew a picture of me:)

This is the card Jai made for me:) It's all of us:)

and Rob drew this for me:) He drew a picture similar to this a few years ago, and it was ruined. I was so sad because it was one of my favorites, but now I have a replacement:)

I love my family. They are terrific:)

If you happen to stop by my shop today, I have a gift for you. Save 25% off anything in my store today using the code BDAYLOVE.

Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...