Monday 18 April 2011

Upcycled Weekend

This weekend we had no plans! Which to meant plenty of time to sew. Of course things don't always work out the way I plan them. I only had a little bit of time to sew yesterday, after gardening and watching the kids skateboard down the hill, right next to the road!! Mind you it's a very quiet road and you can see a vehicle coming 10 minutes before it gets close, but still, the city girl in me freaks out!

I have a bunch of t-shirts that I have been wanting to upcycle, so that was my goal yesterday, and I decided to make a dress/tunic.


Jai informed me once the dress was made that he borrowed the swim shirt from a friend. Whoops!!

This is the back

Thought the swim shirt would be cute for the swimming enthusiast

Cute? I think so.

It's roomy and comfy. Perfect for running, jumping and playing in. I also have plans to make matching tights out of the same t-shirt leftovers as the sleeves! I love upcycling. Every garment is unique, just like us:)

I think I will add this to the Made with Love Monday, because I like to put love into everything I make.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...