Wednesday 10 August 2011

Win Your Discount Wednesday at SVP-Aug 10th, 2011

I feel so fortunate to have made two thrift store trips this week. On Monday, Rob took the day off of work and I went into town (Victoria) with Jai for his first day of hockey camp. I hung around the arena for a little while to shoot some pics, but it was freezing!

I hoped on a bus and went downtown. The thrift shop there is much pricier, but there is a much bigger selection. I was excited to spend the whole day scouring the racks, sans kids, and felt pretty ambitious. Unfortunately I just don't have the attention span for hours on end of searching through endless racks of clothing. Though I did find some goodies:

I found all these tees and am in the process of making the "homework" tee into a hoodie.

I like this message.

This is the front of the shirt.

Purple suede!! Yahoo! I had already started cutting this dress up before I took pictures.

Here is what I am making with the purple suede.

This is great knit spandexy fabric. I found some other great knit, but it didn't have a price tag, so they wouldn't sell it to me:( 

Who doesn't have a guy in there life that this applies to. There was another one that was similar, but for some reason I didn't get it. I think I was starting to burn out at that point. This shirt is going to Rob. He wants me to cut it up and make it into something cool for him.


This is what I found today at SVP where I won 25% off!
This amazing red 100% wool blanket! I love it! 

Some more tees. A few blank tees that will be great for silk screening.

Stripy fabric:) 

Dress shirts for pants or dresses, or one of each. I haven't decided yet.

And that is the end of my shopping adventures. I hope you are having a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Great purchases.
    Glad you love to shop! You are doing your part to improve the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work with the purple suede booties! they look adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...