Tuesday 9 August 2011

Art In The Park

I had a bit of a disappointing weekend. Art in the Park was a flop. There isn't much foot traffic in Sooke, so I was taking a bit of a risk signing up for the event. There was entertainment though, which filled the silence and made the 7 hour days feel not quite so long, and Ed McGregor Park is beautiful, so spending the day in a beautiful park with the sun shining was not bad. Plus I was right next to the delicious freezies. In the end it equaled a good tan, a connection with a shop in Sooke where I can sell my clothing, 8 Hermy cards sold, and another lesson learned in following my gut:)

On top of that, there were three shops from my VI Etsy Team at the event. I snapped a couple of quick photos before my oldest came up from behind and scared the breath out of me.

Sunshine Jewls was across from me. She also happens to be my neigbor:)
She makes beautiful, sparkly jewelry using swarovski crystals, freshwater pearls, genuine semi-precious gemstones, and sterling silver or 14K gold vermeil.

I love pendants, and I adore the driftwood displays that she made. It gives such a natural feel that fits well with our little island.



 And Megan Linford was sharing a booth with Sunshine Jewls.
She makes fashionable and functional handbags. I love her choice of colors and patterns.


I had many an hour to stare at her work and couldn't decide which was my favorite. From one hour to the next I seemed to come up with another fav. I really like all of them and I wish I had taken more photos.

And the third shop I didn't get any photos of, which is disappointing. He makes incredible pottery and is unfortunately not listing much on Etsy these days. Here is his shop: Casitadel Lobo Studio. His wife sells at Moss St Market and he is selling here in Sooke at the Saturday market. They are more focused on markets, as well as having some pottery in a shop downtown Victoria.

I am going to start shifting into fall mode, and will be working on long sleeves, pants and hoodies. If you have any special requests, please do let me know.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including me in your post!!! I wish the weekend was better too :( It was fun though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...