Thursday 4 August 2011

Grain-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

Ingredients:

Strawberries
Rhubarb
Almonds
Butter
Sweetener
Cinnamon








Our last local organic food box had a ton of rhubarb. It's not a something we eat a lot of, so we decided it was time to make a crisp. It's fast and easy to make, not to mention delicious!

I'm not sure of measurements. I just filled a baking dish with fresh strawberries and rhubarb, which I had chopped up. Sprinkled a little cinnamon. Then added some raw almonds, a hunk of butter and I used Sucanat, though I am sure you could use any sweetener, cinnamon and ground it all together in my food processor. Then I spread the almond mixture on top of the fruit and baked at 350 until it looked done.

Yum!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...