Friday 6 May 2011

Fit Fridays-You Are Beautiful

Okay, I know I haven't had anyone hop on board with the Virtual Work Out Buddies idea, but I'm going to forge on, and hope people will join me along the way.

One of the many things I struggle with is being comfortable with compliments, and thinking positively about myself. Not that I'm super dark and down on myself. I'm just not good at saying "I'm really good at...."

As much as I want to get fit so I can be healthy and look good, I would also like to feel good about myself. I want to look in the mirror and tell myself " You are beautiful" and mean it.

A while ago I read somewhere about looking yourself in the eyes (a mirror comes in handy here) and saying out loud "I am Beautiful" That terrifies me and kind of makes me feel sick in my tummy. I'm not sure why, but I think it's worth trying again.

As we are working our bodies to get in shape and be healthy, lets also work on our soul. Beauty really does come from within. If you are feeling beautiful, others will see you that way too.

If looking in the mirror and telling yourself you are beautiful makes you cringe and feels un-natural then try finding something that works for you. Like throwing on some jewelry, or wearing something that feels pretty, doing a face mask, getting your hair done. Whatever it takes, because you deserve it. We all do:)

What are you going to do this week to remind yourself that you are BEAUTIFUL?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...