Thursday 3 March 2011

First Entry

Kwaguilth Butterfly Leggings
 I am all about butterflies these days, so of course my first entry has butterflies all over it!

 This is my first entry for the Lil Blue Boo/ Dharma Trading Design Contest. These leggings were so fun to make, and are super cute on! I used the contact paper screen printing tutorial from Lil Blue Boo lilblueboo.com, and printed purple kwaguilth butterflies all over a large piece of knit fabric.

I was over the moon ecstatic when I found this tutorial, because native designs are tricky to make a stencil out of for silk screening. So thank you again Lil Blue Boo!!!! The design is one that my aunt Lou-ann has generously given to me to use. This fabric is so soft and stretchy, it is perfect for leggings.
 I needed a model, and Jasper is always so co-operative and willing to help. His little legs look so cute! I love how the wings match up on the legs. I would love to take credit for this, but it was a total fluke.

And then of course Jude wanted to get in on the photo shoot!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...