Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Rob and I don't celebrate Valentines day (I may be going to a book club meeting tonight). At least we don't celebrate in a commercial way. I was so upset because last night Rob made a painting for me for Valentines, and we specifically said we weren't going to get/make anything for one another this year. Now the pressure is on!!

Here is my favourite character that Rob has come up with. Hermy the Albino Polar Bear:
This is going in my sewing room to make me smile.

Here are the two littles in their Valentines day shirts.

Jude likes to make faces, while Jas smiles handsomely:)

I didn't have a shirt size big enough for Jai, so I made him breakfast in bed. Usually he is up well before anyone else, but today he stayed in bed until 9 am. So that gave me time to exercise and make the heart shaped pancakes for him. The littles had some too.

 
Gluten free heart shaped pancakes with peanut butter, jam, strawberries and bananas. The recipe is from Elana's Pantry. I had to adjust it a bit because I only had 3/4 C of almond flour. I added some coconut flour and an extra egg. I also skipped the sweetener, because I can't have any sugar, including fruit. My pancakes I dressed with plain yogurt. They are super filling and super delicious!

I am going to attempt making Valentines cupcakes from Elanas Cupcake book. They are chocolate cupcakes, filled with raspberry jam, topped with chocolate ganache, whipped cream, chocolate chips and raspberries or in our case strawberries. I of course will not be able to indulge in these delicious cupcakes, but I'm making them for my sweetheart. He is such a great husband and amazing dad. He deserves a treat. I'll let you know how they turn out:)

I hope you are all enjoying your day, and sharing the love that today signifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...