Saturday 14 January 2012

No resolutions, but lots of goals

I don't like to make New Years resolutions. There isn't a particular reason why. I just don't. I do have some goals that I would like to reach this year, but it won't be the end of the world if it doesn't work out.

Here is a list:

1. I would like to learn how to make soap. I have wanted to make soap for years, but have been too intimidated. This year I plan to concur that fear, and go for it. I want to make enough soap to last us through the year. We go through a lot of soap in our home.

2. I want to make a mosaic. We were at the park a couple of months ago, and there was a new mosaic up on a wall. Jasper saw it and was mesmerized. Jasper said "it's beautiful. I wish we could make this". It's a plan. We just need to break enough dishes to make it happen.

3. I would like to make a play kitchen for my kids. You can see my inspiration on my DIY pinboard, along with many other DIY projects.

4. I would like to get through this pile of scraps:

It just keeps growing and growing! 

I do have some ideas on how to use up the scraps:

Raglan shirts made from strips of fabric. 

Ruffle layered skirts. I included two skirts, because just look how many scraps I can use up. It's fantastic!


Ruffle pants. 
I hope to make my way through this never ending pile by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

5. I need to work on Jude's diet. His pour little cheeks are all red and irritated.


6. I would like to start doing more physical activity with the kids. Jai needs to tighten up his core for hockey.

7. Sew consistently though out the year, so I am no panicking so make stock for craft fairs. 

8. I would like to make at least one sale a week on Etsy. At the moment I maybe make one sale a month. This one is not such a big deal, but it would be nice:)

9. Start saving money.

10. Go on a vacation!!!

11. Grow most of our food this year. 

12. Find more ways to reduce our impact on the planet. This is on going for us. We are fairly gentle on the earth, but there are always more ways to reduce our impact. 

And that's about all for now. I am sure things will shift and change through out the year, but hopefully I can reach a few of these goals by the end of the year.

What about you? Do you make resolutions? Goals? 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family, Jamie! My resolutions continue from last year so there's some continuity and they should be things that i'm constantly working on.

    I love those ruffle skirts and you should totally make them! i have a soft spot for little girly clothes and accessories and i hope to have a little baby girl in future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...