Monday 24 September 2012

Sweet Potato and Ham soup Paleo Style

Source: fastpaleo.com via Jamie on Pinterest


I made this soup on Friday, and being the first day of Fall it was exactly what I needed; something warm and comforting to eat. This was perfect! I could have eaten the whole pot to myself, if only my stomach would have allowed me.

The only difference was that I sautéed the veggies and ham in coconut oil first, and used full fat coconut milk (as suggested in the recipe) instead of the arrowroot powder. I also added fresh herbs from my garden. I didn't measure, just grabbed some sage and thyme, washed it, chopped it up and threw it in with the veggies while I sautéed them.

It is perfect for those times when you are looking for something rich and creamy, that warms you from the inside out. Which in these oncoming cooler days, I am always in need of.

Also, if you are looking for more fantastic Paleo recipes, Fast Paleo is a great source with new recipes added every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...