Friday 13 July 2012

Trapped Bear

Last night, or I guess it was more like the wee hours of the morning, we were woken by a loud and frightening sound. Rob jumped out of bed to check what it was, and couldn't see anything, so I hopped out of bed and saw a baby bear running back and forth across the lower part of our yard, crying for help. It was the saddest sound ever. We were unsure what to do, so called 911. Just as they answered our call, the bear managed to escape our yard. We could hear it running down the road, and it sounded like it was in the alpaca field for a long while, still calling for help. The whole time I was wondering where it's mother was. Poor baby. It must have been terrified.
There are some claw marks on our fence.

and little paw prints from it jumping up on the fence.

It's paw print is smaller than my hand!

I can't stop thinking about the poor baby. I just want to know if it is okay and whether it has been reunited with it's mother, and if the mother is okay, why wasn't she trying to help her baby? So many questions. 

I think I need to be more specific in my requests. Rob and I were talking last night about some new designs for blankets I would like to make. I listed off a few ideas, and said I definitely want a bear. Rob said a bear would be cool. Well Universe, I meant a bear design, not a real bear, especially not a poor trapped baby bear. So the first design I will work on will be dedicated to the baby bear, who I hope is safe and happily reunited with it's family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...